Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Man of My Dreams

I wasn't feeling too well last night so I curled up in bed with my cozy comforter & travel channel reruns... only to wake up many hours later at 12:30am.

Recognizing that my evening was now a wash & i had no energy to even get up in order to close the curtain where the street lights beam was streaming in across my face... i opted to just roll to my left and drift back into my slumber.


At 7:30am i woke up once more in order to ready myself for work... but this time my eyes did not open with such ease. The sound of my alarm caught me right as Batman came swooping to my rescue. I can assume that i safely made it back across the crime filled city, so my morning frustration was not for lack of story resolution but because of what that dream made me think once i woke.

Ya see... as my hero came down with one arm and so gallantly flew away with me, i recognized him. I know, I know... superhero's are in masks that disguise their true identity.. i got it. But it was the facial features that did show that i knew without a doubt.

You know how on Batman they leave the eye's and below the nose visible... just enough to make you want to yell at the screen "can't you see who that is! come on Rachel! it is Bruce!" ... well so did the writers in my mind. My hero had a pair of eyes and distinctive jaw line that i knew oh so well... it was my own!

No no... i am not that conceited that i was the damsel in distress as well as the knight in shining armor ( granted i don't even know what that would mean if i was :-/ ) BUT those facial features had such a striking resemblance to my own bc it was my dad!


Yes... Kevin E. Cochrane, my hero. :)

In many a movie, or fairy tale- young girls dreams consist of the handsome movie star, prince charming, or music idol of the time... but what does it say for a young 20-something that has her father as her protector?

I think it is quite amusing and i'm sure that many of you will think the same. I am a single-young-something, living alone and i guess it is rightfully so that my father still be the man in my life.. (sure he still loves that too :)

But what might be most amusing to me is that not only was my father saving me from a life threatening situation, which hopefully any father would do- my dad did it in style...


No comments:

Post a Comment