Thursday, May 21, 2009

Am... I... Efficient?


I try to live my life as efficient as possible.

Curtsy of Indiana State University, I can say with confidence that I can: reorder a production line so that an item takes the least amount of unnecessary stops from beginning 2 end and so that that same line uses the least amount of energy to do so.

Thanks to my mother,...and her mother, I can also say with confidence that I have: used the same red solo plastic cup branded KATIE for every family function since I was born, as well as kept every cottage cheese or cool whip container ever purchased in order to store meal leftovers labeled w a sharpie.



I... am... efficient.


It wasn't until today though, that I realized just how much more I could be doing in order to get the most of what I have. I've been trying to get the most of my acquired knowledge. I've been trying to get the most of my one time purchases.
But have I been getting the most of my tax dollars?

A constant debate among elected officials, and official hopefuls is whether or not citizens are getting the most for their tax dollars.
But is it really the officials who we elect that are on the chopping block for how that money is being used?


It was today, while on my leisurely walk from lunch, that I took an efficiency cue from some of my fellow Indianapol'ins...

here, a local 'barber' uses the city's construction power outlet to cut down on his operating costs ;)


Maybe we, tax paying citizens, are passing the buck... are not doing all we can... are not doing our part to take what we can from what those tax dollars are paying?!

No comments:

Post a Comment