Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 meat, or not 2 meat

are there such things as 'halfzies'?

i mean... there are onezies for babies.
and i am pretty sure in some movie or show episode there is a line where someone says something to the extent of "there aren't any halfzies. onezies take-zies always make-sies".
(i am most likely totally wrong on that line... correct me with the truth, but i take pride that i, against much of my parent's wishes or knowledge, grew up in front of the television & remember nearly everything i saw ;)

But really, can you be a half-zies? a partial? a switch hitter to an extent?


Over the past few weeks i have become somewhat of a vegetarian.
Somewhat meaning, that while i claim to have this astounding love for meat- but yet i realized i ate or craved it rarely! (keeton clan please do not disown me just yet)

I found myself ordering the vegetarian burrito at Qudoba bc the chicken & beef took away from the flavor of the cilantro rice. Or having carryout from the Thai place by my new town home with spring rolls and pad Thai with extra bean shoots & scallion. And even watching the clock on my computer screen lower corner... just waiting until the appropriate time when i could go warm up the leftover brussel sprouts i brought in on a bed of mashed potatoes!

Since when did i become that person that people ask if you are on a diet bc of the foods you eat?

i am not on a diet. i love food. but is the food that i eat telling other people something about me that i have failed to hear for myself?

It is by no means that i shy away from meat. Like i said... if asked, i would still answer a very loud "GO MEAT" as those in the Hillshire Farms commercial do.
But as i peruse my daily food blogs and then continue on to the seasonal rotating menu's of my local eateries... i notice that while the pan seared duck breast is what caught my eye, it is the black trumpet mushrooms, braised radishes, melted leeks, and caramelized shallots that make or break the deal for me.



I heart food... i read about it, i watch about it, i talk about it, i EAT it.
my appreciation for food is beyond the norm.
But can a self proclaimed foodie also be a partial vegetarian? a HalfZie?

No comments:

Post a Comment